GTAMA Scholarships Applications Available
Scholarship Information and Criteria
The GTAMA sponsors two scholarship programs each year, one for high school students just starting college and a second for students already enrolled in a post-secondary school. The Greater Tuckahoe Area Merchants’ Association offers educational scholarships to students who reside within the geographic boundaries of the Association and meet certain eligibility requirements.
Use these links to download application forms. Descriptions of the scholarships appear below.
|Owens, May Scholarships|
|B G Scholarships|
|L C Equipment Scholarship|
The Greater Tuckahoe Area Merchants’ Association (G.T.A.M.A.) is offering educational scholarships to full-time students who reside within the geographic boundaries of the Association and meet certain eligibility requirements.
Since 1998 the association has allocated approximately $172,000 to students from the Greater Tuckahoe Area.
As in the past, the Association is accepting applications from high school seniors for the James and Martha Owens and the Alex and Virginia May Scholarships.
A new scholarship program is known as the B and G Scholarship. One male and one female high school senior that meets special criteria will be selected as the recipient. The B and G scholarship is $2000 payable at the end of the school year upon receiving a copy of the transcript plus the courses for the next semester.
A second new scholarship program is for individuals entering one of the trades. The LC Equipment, Inc. is offering a scholarship to a graduating high school Senior who has been accepted into a technical program or trades journeyman of their choice.
This year the number of scholarships for the James and Martha Owens will be determined by the number of applicants and the amount of the scholarships will be set later but will be a minimum of $250.
The Alex and Virginia May Scholarship is for students who will attend or are attending a community college and who have been active in the events of the G.T.A.M.A. Award amount will be based on the number of accepted applicants with a minimum of $250.
The Owens and May scholarships for the high school seniors will be awarded after successfully completing the first college semester and providing the scholarship committee a copy of their transcript.
The G.T.A.M.A. Scholarships for those full-time students already in college have the same geographic boundaries and must maintain at least a “B” GPA. Post-Secondary recipients may reapply and receive a scholarship up to three times (a total of four years). .
ELIGIBILITY – ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE:
•Residents or dependents of residents, or dependents of business owners who operate within the GTAMA scholarship geographical boundaries, which are:
To the North, the city limits of Corbin City
To the South, Cedar Swamp Creek
To the East, the intersection of Cedar Swamp Creek & Tuckahoe River if extended
To the West, the Dennis Township – Woodbine border
JAMES and MARTHA OWENS or the ALEX and VIRGINIA MAY SCHOLARSHIPS and the B and G scholarship fund
• Application due April 14, 2017 at the High School Guidance Office
• A senior in high school
• Actively engaged in school activities, volunteer services or community activities especially those associated with the events sponsored by the G.T.A.M.A.,
•Applicants must be accepted and enrolled as a fulltime student at an accredited college or technical school.
• Applicants must submit a 500-word essay explaining the reason for applying for the scholarship and their educational goals
• Applicants will be selected based on a variety of criteria including financial need. Financial Aid information must be submitted to the High School Guidance office on forms provided by the High School prior to April 15th. A copy of the financial aid offer from the college and the Expected Family Contribution from the FAFSA must be included.
LC Equipment, Inc Trades Scholarship
• Application due on or before April 14, 2017 at the High School Guidance Office
• A senior in high school who will enter the trades.
• Actively engaged in school activities, community activities, or volunteer services (especially with the GTAMA Events).
•Applicants must be accepted in a technical school or trades journeyman of their choice
• Applicants will be selected based on a variety of criteria including financial need. Financial Aid information must be submitted to the High School Guidance office on forms provided by the High School prior to April 14th.
TUCKAHOE AREA MERCHANTS’ ASSOCIATION POST SECONDARY SCHOLARSHIP
• Application due May 25, 2017 at PO Box 656, Tuckahoe, NJ
•Enrolled as a fulltime student in a college or technical school.
•Complete the form for post-secondary students
• A letter of acceptance or a copy of a current transcript must accompany the application
• A copy of the financial aid offer from the college and the Expected Family Contribution from the
FAFSA must be included.
• List the G.T.A.M.A. events that you and your family have participated in.
• A cover letter requesting funding consideration is required including an update of college activities and which if any G.T.A.M.A. that you or your family participated in.
• A copy of a current transcript must accompany the application
• A copy of the financial aid offer from the college and the Expected Family Contribution from the FAFSA must be included.
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT YOUR HIGH SCHOOL, THE GREATER TUCKAHOE AREA MERCHANTS’ ASSOCIATION WEBSITE OR STURDY BANK (FORMERLY SUN NATIONAL BANK) IN TUCKAHOE. COMPLETED FORMS BY THE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS MUST BE IN THE HIGH SCHOOL GUIDANCE OFFICE BY April 14, 2017. The high school guidance office will forward the applications to the GTAMA Scholarship Committee.
COLLEGE STUDENT APPLICATIONS MUST BE AT THE GREATER TUCKAHOE COMMITTEE BY May 25, 2017.